Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Elvis Peanut Butter Sandwich - revised


Dear Hank;

Today, marks an important landmark, I’m sure - for someone. I have no idea, but it must for someone somewhere.
I however have been concerned with more important matters. Mainly, developing my variant on the well known Elvis Presley Peanut Butter banana sandwich. After wiking it I discovered that there are a number of variants. The one I am familiar with is printed on a yellow pot holder tacked to the wall at Buxton Munch, a wonderful sandwich shop near the famous Cape Hatteras Light House. That recipe calls for Wonder Bread, peanut butter, lots of sugar, and mashed bananas.
My version calls for two piece hearty rustic bread,1/2 to 2/3 large banana mashed, almond butter (crunchy), and a honey drizzle. Toast the bread, mash a banana with a fork, when toast is done apply almond butter and then banana mash on one piece of toast - reverse the layering on the other piece (yes, you have to make two slices!) Drizzle honey on top.
Eat and contemplate best layering pattern.

That is all, carry on.

Bryce

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home